Please call venue before going to make sure that the time and date are correct, and that the event or activity has not been canceled!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What to Include on the Calendar?

There really are a lot of things to do in and around Columbia and I'm torn as to just what to include on the calendar since many things aren't really specifically "educational," but are great family time activities.

Do I include these and provide a much broader listing of things to do, or do I keep the calendar more focused on things that tie into our educational goals?

I'd like to know what you, my readers, would prefer - comments welcome!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I just found your blog from one of the homeschool support groups I belong to - fabulous start!

I think you should include all the things you find because, like you said, some things aren't necessarily educational, but are fun for the family. I'd like to know about the latter items too!

The things I don't care whether they're on your calendar or not are the things that are just always going on, like swimming at the ARC three times a week. I really like that you found many things I didn't even know about! That's what I'd like to keep seeing, things I had no idea were out there to do!

MrsB said...

Include the fun things too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for setting this up!

I don't think you can go wrong with more. But, I'd still be selective in what you add!

Stacey said...

Wow, this is great! I saw your link in your signature on WTM Forum and clicked through. I'm glad I did. I live in Fulton and it's next to imposssible to find things to do. The ComoKids site is okay, but nothing like this one, thank you!

I'd say include more, but not the mundane things that are always going on that *everyone* already knows about.

Hope you're planning to start coming out to the playgroups and activities going on for homeschool families!

susan said...

My vote...include more, more is better, we can pick and choose what we want to do!

Cindy said...

I'm not even a homeschooler and I love your calendar already!

Thank you!